Sunday, March 23, 2008

Beginning

Wow! This is one step closer to make everything more official! I am preparing to leave for at least a year to teach science at a school in Nigeria. I will be going as an Individual Volunteer through the United Methodist Church meaning that I will be a missionary in Africa teaching science!!! I am so excited about the possibilities that exist for the future of this adventure. My Christian faith and teaching science are two things that I am most passionate about in my life and I'm super excited to get to combine them in a year of volunteered service! I'll do my best to update this periodically before I go as new developments arise. Until I leave in August, I will be focusing most of my energies on finishing grad school and surviving the end of the school year where I will be sad to leave many great friends!

7 comments:

Faith said...

I now have you bookmarked so that I can keep up with your fun times! I am very happy for you and your decision to go serve these people! :)

Bill said...

This is a test of making a comment.

The God Father said...

I look forward to checking in now and then. Stay safe. We've talked of destiny and this is just a part.

the god mother said...

I LOVE your hat! You look very cute wearing it....I'm glad that you plan to wear it A LOT. An item you might want to pack is Carmex or something like that for sunburned or chapped lips....just an idea. STAY SAFE!!

the god mother said...

I LOVE your hat you look VERY cute in it. I'm GLAD you plan on wearing it A LOT. Something that you might want to pack is some Carmex or something like that for sunburned/chapped lips....just an idea. I have this site book marked and look forward to "talking" to you. STAY SAFE!

the god mother said...

Carolyn...
I hope you have arrived at your new "home" safely. We have been thinking about you alot and look forward to hearing from you via your blog.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
love, lynn

Shannon said...

Carolyn, so glad you arrived safely in Nigeria! I look forward to reading your blogs!

Keep drinking water and wearing your Deet mosquito repellent!

shannon