Friday, June 5, 2009

Frozen Moments

As my time is winding down, I'm trying to freeze certain moments in my memory so that I can recall them someday to add a little joy to my day!

*Man walking down the street selling bras…and wearing one over his shirt as advertisement
*One man standing across the drainage ditch tossing crates of empty glass bottles through the air to another man who was loading them on the truck…they said they never miss
*Being watched as I peeked around a semi-truck to see on-coming traffic and decide to squeeze between the drainage ditch and the side of the truck and tip toe precariously along until I reach the other end…the on-looker celebrated with me when I made it successfully by.
*Women roasting corn over charcoal fires inside old tires along the side of the road, constantly fanning it to keep it from burning
*A mother alerting her child that baturia was passing so that the child runs out to the road to greet me
*People greeting me by name that I’ve never met before.

This all happened as I was walking home from being ridiculously frustrated with the internet. It's how I forget the frustration and remember the good stuff!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are some great memories! I laughed out loud at the first one; hilarious! I continue to think of you often, knowing you are already mentally preparing for your return home and yet trying to hold on to and capture every last moment. Heartwrenching to say the least, and my heart hurts for you! Love ya!

Laura R. said...

I LOVE the grilled corn!! Definitely my favorite snack (and sometimes meal) here...

Hope you're having fun with Angie!