Saturday, October 11, 2008

I GOT MAIL!!!

After mailing my ballot, I introduced myself and told them that I was hoping to be receiving some packages. They said I could leave my phone number and they’d contact me if they saw anything…5 minutes after I left they called me saying I should return as they’d found some packages!!!!

AHHH!!! YAY!!! I received my first letters from Mom and my friend Laura in Botswana which was so exciting and encouraging…and now I received an excellent package from my parents (so hopefully my printer will be able to be used now!), chocolate chip cookies (all in one piece and miraculously fresh) from my Grandma and a super-fun care package from Laura and Meredith!!!! The post office people were so happy that I was so excited!! I told them that the Jalingo Post Office is the BEST EVER! When I told them that I had been concerned that packages wouldn’t arrive and that stuff might be stolen, they said, “We have a very good and efficient mail system!” I said I would now boast as much! They promised to call me as soon as anything else arrives for me…I’m confident now that any package that gets even close to Jalingo will make it to me! :) They are fabulous!!!

I'm making a list of requests now that I know they just might make it! :)

3 comments:

Faith said...

Exciting! :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad it arrived in one piece! I totally bonded with the lady at the Des Moines post office when I sent it. (We wound up re-packing the box twice to get the cheapest rate:)

Post office workers are cool.

mouser said...

You're somebody now!