Friday, December 26, 2008

Kurra Falls

Today was so much fun! It completely made up for a somewhat difficult (not that it was bad, I just missed home) Christmas!! My whole Jos family, Laitu’s niece, and some family friends all went to Kura Falls for a picnic! I LOVED being amongst the beautiful tall, green trees, a sprawling lake, and a variety of rocks! In addition to the picturesque location, it was the perfect weather: sunny, probably around 75o with a refreshing breeze. God is so real to me when I am in nature! We were able to eat by the water and then go and explore around the rocks and dam that was created to provide hydropower and constant electricity to this remote village. That’s right…Lagos and Abuja may not have constant power, but this small village 90 minutes outside of Jos has electricity all day, everyday because of water and gravity! CRAZY!

No comments: