Thursday, December 11, 2008

Please Pray for this Paradox!

I came back from traveling to find that all of the internet cafes in Jalingo had been shut down because they didn’t have a proper operating certificate. Really?! How can this happen? A capital city needs internet! One place is operating underground but since it’s a make-shift server, there are few systems available, it’s slow and they are limiting people to 1 hour. Internet is my connection to the US! No one can give me a definitive answer regarding when the situation will be resolved. Pray that it is soon!

Today, I went to the immigration office to check on my visa renewal situation and they told me that I may have to go home to the US in April. In light of the previous paragraph, I found it interesting that I was nearly in tears when they told me that! I also think it’s funny that I am seriously the only person in all of Nigeria who would be upset to be told I have to go to the US! After some more conversations with the immigration officer and some other church officials, I think that it can be arranged for me to stay until July as per the original arrangement, but things are never simple! Please pray that if it’s God’s will for me to be here until July, my visa situation will be resolved!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Oh no! Pr's for sure girl! God is good though, and things will work for his glory! =)

mouser said...

A paradox could only happen if you took a time machine back to August whereby you decided this time not to take the trip (unless an alternate time path is possible)...whereby this comment itself would be a paradox.

Just a little humor..I will add your pickle to my prayers.