Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Address

So, I found out that I can receive mail at the school where I teach. I think it's going to take a while, but that's okay! :)

Carolyn Carter
UMCN Junior Seminary
P.M.B. 1012
Jalingo, Taraba State
Nigeria

Despite packing what felt like a bazillion books, it's amazing how fast I read without internet around! :) I've been here less than 3 weeks and finished three books! Any and all mail is much appreciated!!! I love you guys and have so appreciated all the comments/emails/facebook posts! They are seriously huge highlights! I love everything here, but it's so nice to hear from home!!!

5 comments:

Faith said...

I'll send you mail! :)

Amy said...

Yay mail!!! Can you get larger packages too?

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
I will send you mail, and we'll see how long it takes to get there! I mailed a letter to Jalingo Aug. 11, and asked them to let me know when it arrived, and I haven't heard back yet...
I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures on Facebook. Let us know how classes are going!

Anne
http://annehartman.typepad.com

Cara said...

YAY! I'm loving your blog - thanks for keeping us all connected. how did the fund raising end up? Matt and I have been inspired and made an inquiry about the application process to be GBGM missionaries. We figured after a few years of marriage there will ALWAYS be some reason we should wait a little longer before applying - so might as well do it now. :)

Cara

Shannon said...

Carolyn, I so enjoy reading your posts. I can picture Jalingo, Sibre, and Bargarmi as I read your accounts. I, too, visited the well in Bargarmi and was moved by the villagers' gratitude for clean water. They said this well had almost completely eradicated all water-borne diseases in the village. What a blessing! Their church, however, could use a cement floor, to be sure. The ride in the truck to Bargarmi was an adventure. We actually stopped to kill a snake--a poisonous snake--which escaped into the tall grass. Thank goodness! Ronald Magney told me that if the snake had a white belly, you had 24 hours to get to a hospital; if it had a black belly, 45 minutes!! Yikes! And I'd been walking through the farm at Sibre in flipflops an hour earlier!

I can't wait to hear about school at JSS. Please tell the teachers hello for me, esp. the English teachers (I can't help but have a soft spot for them!) And tell Bridget hi and that we hope the library is going well.

Take care--Shannon